Re: Topband: Amp Supply LK-500ZC

To: <galicic@comcast.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Amp Supply LK-500ZC
From: "Larry" <lrpmbt@att.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:42:14 -0400

I have been using a Amp Supply LK500za on 160 for several years now, with no issues. I did upgrade the PS board with the Harbach board. There are some cooling mods I would recommend doing. Before I did the cooling mod, I melted the solder out of one of the pins on the 3-500z. You may need to add some capacitance to the tune cap to make it tune better in the lower part of 160. THE ZC should have the vacuum relay in it. Other than that it solid performing amp with relatively "cheap" tubes.

    Larry W8VVG
-----Original Message----- From: Joe