Re: Topband: NOISE CANCELLERS

To: Carsten Esch <carsten.esch@appello.de>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: NOISE CANCELLERS
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 06:55:49 -0500
Carsten,

I use one of mine with a pair of the "W8JI style" short verticals -- 22 feet high with four 22-foot top-loading wires, and 16 radials each 25 feet long. There is a series inductor and resistor at the feedpoint.

These are in a line to make them endfire NE/SW and spaced about 1/8 wave (70 feet). Signal change as I tune the phasing control can be dramatic as the pattern changes.

Performance is similar to a single one-wavelength Beverage, and in some conditions signals are equal to my phased Beverages.

I have under construction a broadside-endfire set of four short verticals that will use an NCC-1 to phase rather than a fixed line.

I have also used combinations of Beverages with the NCC-1 and the results vary.

73/Jon AA1K