Re: Topband: Antennas down at VE3CV - Ice Storm!

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, "jjw5257@yahoo.ca" <jjw5257@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antennas down at VE3CV - Ice Storm!
From: Russ Tobolic <erusst@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 18:03:41 -0800 (PST)
Same bad news here in West Michigan.  3/4 "  ice toppled the 60' mast holding
my inv V that had been up for the last 12 years, and also brought down one leg
of the "T" xmit antenna with other leg drooping badly.  I still have 1/2" ice
coating the vertical section and it won't tune.  It may get up to 33° on
Saturday and it is unlikely that will melt any ice and allow any repair.  So
for the first time in over 10 years I'll probably miss the Stew.  Have fun and
maybe I'll get back for next year.   HNY TO ALL.      Russ, N3CO

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android