Re: Topband: Submerging variable caps in oil assubstituteforvacuumvariab

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Submerging variable caps in oil assubstituteforvacuumvariables
From: <mapa50@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:54:37 -0600
I contacted George A. Sanford about the oil used in the variable cap in the
HP4815a and he replied that the oil was used for a shock absorber effect for
frequency stability in the instrument and not for any other reason. I had a
need for a vac variable and have a large air variable that I had planed to
submerge in oil, but have not yet found a suitable oil.

       73 es DX Pat H. Armstrong  KF5YZ