Re: Topband: Shared Apex Loop Array

To: "donovanf@starpower.net" <donovanf@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shared Apex Loop Array
From: W2PM <w2pm@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 15:29:07 -0500
It seems to me as a user of many types of loops of all sizes in a noisy
residential area, that there is still something beyond Lower take off angle
from the long beverages vs these loops, and perhaps even beyond better s/n
ratio which makes beverages better.  OR maybe it's just the fact that those
with long beverages are naturally in more open areas as the actual RDF, gain
etc isn't that much greater from a terminated loop to a beverage to warrant the
reception differences I hear on my station vs those in the general area with
the beverages.  Can it be the capture area of the longer antenna is a key
differentiator. ??

Sent from my iPhone