Re: Topband: W/K/VE callers in the Arrl Dx Contests

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: W/K/VE callers in the Arrl Dx Contests
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:13:49 -0400
The real problem for me is the ARRL 160 meter (DX) contest where the U.S. Territories are considered non-DX and while trying to work some DX-station he returns with my call and sends "No DX No DX...then CQ TEST. This happens over and over and really hurts. Even Navassa KP1 are not DX and so is Desecheo. All the U.S. Territories for this contest are non-DX and nobody can explain why. In fact during the ARRL contest KP2 counts for KP1 and KP4 counts as KP5. I wonder if the DXCC Desk agrees with the Contest Desk? I know it may sound strange but that is how they have decided to do it at HQ. Nor does it appear that all my letters to the CC have even raised an interest in doing it the right way.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ