Re: Topband: 1810.8 carrier found.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 1810.8 carrier found.
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:20:13 -0400
Once upon a time they called that 'coherent' cw. I started looking into it and saw the dreadful results. I wrote it off as quite impractical away back then. It was not only terribly slow but relied on somebody else's transmitter, not even the other ham, to make the whole thing work. Like the gps 'disciplined' timebases used for that nonsense today. Sure it gets some kind of results. But none that are actually useful - beyond amusing some radio experimenters. They have been experimenting for quite a while now and it hasn't improved any. I'm hoping they'll get it to the point of useable but it isn't looking good. They really do have to transmit all night and all they get across is their ID and maybe their location.

When I want to order a pizza I would like to have it today.

73,

Bill  kU8H