Re: Topband: 1810.8 carrier found.

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1810.8 carrier found.
From: Jim Bennett <w6jhb@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 15:12:26 -0700
Your points are well taken, and I agree. However, on HF, when the vast majority
of ops simply do the TX=RX thing, if you happen to be the guy running 5 watts
and there are a lot of stations on the band, your chances of being answered
diminish greatly. If there aren't many stations on, you have a much better
chance. Of course, running that 5 watts to a stacked set of yagis improves your
chances dramatically! Anyway, my main focus for implementing JT9/JT65 was to
try picking off WY and UT on 10 meters - the two last states I need for 5BWAS.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be happening, so I've been doing the ARRL
Centennial QSO thing on CW, as those folks have been up on 10 for the states
that've participated so far.

Jim / W6JHB