Re: Topband: Rig Question

To: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Question
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:28:10 -0400
The subject used to come up on the K3 forum until any negative comments were shouted down or removed by the site owner. Its nothing but a lovefest now and similar to the Collins "can do no wrong head in the sand mentality on the CCA forum."

No matter what I tried to adjust I could not get any of the K3's that I tried here to give pleasing Kenwood quality audio. I also only use headphones for CW and SSB and a speaker only for long winded AM monitoring while Im doing something else until it is my turn again.

I also owned a FT-1000D for about 6 months and then bought a second TS-940. A couple of Ten Tec lemons was the end of my Buy USA attempt. I'll buy whatever pleases me with quality, reliability, and ergonomics AND Im a 28 year USN/USNR vet. OTOH Ive never owned a Jap vehicle and only one Kawasaki POJ bike in 71 (-; That was soon replaced by a 71 Norton Golden Commando, the last bike Ive owned as moving back from IL to NH in 73 convinced me a bike was suicide in New England.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>