Re: Topband: Rig Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Question
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 21:23:50 -0600
The main receiver in the 990 is supposed to be better than the 2nd rcv. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Mike W0MU

On 6/15/2014 6:21 PM, Gary and Kathleen Pearse wrote:
TU Mike for the info. I’ll call them tomorrow.

BTW, the 2nd receiver in my TS-990 was consistently better at extracting very
weak CW on 40-160 (mainly steady eastern RU beacons on 40, EU CW on 80-160)
than the main, and as you note, an equal to the 590.

Kenwood service:
KENWOOD AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER - PACIFIC
19501 East Walnut Drive South
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91748
Phone: 626-333-2443
http://fthgroupinc.com

73, Gary NL7Y

Gary,

Contact the Kenwood Service Center and give them your email address. They will
then send you an email when they are ready to upgrade your rig.

The secondary receiver in the TS-990 is essentially that of the TS-590.

I did not bother to get the K3 Panadapter. I used a QS1R as a secondary
receiver with the K3. I can view the whole HF spectrum with the QS1R.

Mike N2MS