Re: Topband: Deployable radials for 80/160M

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Deployable radials for 80/160M
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 14:30:18 -0400
While probably too much for 40 radials, I have taken to using extra
extension cords for temporary radials. They are bright orange so easy to
see, connect together with cube taps or outlet strips, 100 foot ones are as
low as $17 (ok -- 16 ga, but these are not for power), coil easily, stay
down by themselves and most hams have a few around. A decent size club
could probably come up with 40 for field day. --Mike, WV2ZOW