Re: Topband: Rig Comparisons

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "'TopBand'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Comparisons
From: "Michael St. Angelo" <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 12:06:34 -0400
Jim,

The Mobility industry has been using pre-distortion. It has finally been
implemented in the Hermes and Apache Labs Transceivers by Warren C. Pratt.
He has won the ARRL Technical Innovation award and justly deserves it:

From
http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-board-lauds-unforgettable-milestone-formalizes
-lotw-policy-honors-award-recipients

    * The 2014 ARRL Technical Innovation Award went to Warren C.
Pratt, NR0V, of Santa Cruz, California. Pratt was cited for his research
leading to the development of PureSignal, "an adaptive baseband
pre-distortion algorithm used to improve the linearity of amplifiers and
reduce intermodulation distortion products emitted by software-defined
transmitters."

Mike N2MS