Re: Topband: Rig Comparisons

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Comparisons
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 00:01:57 -0400
Hi Bill,

Well your choice of SDR is a later iteration. I am playing with the older iteration that functions similar to a direct conversion receiver with the 4X local oscillator and a quadrature detector ahead of the SDR software on the computer. If we are not to call that SDR as it has been then please supply a new label.

The new version doesn't even 'down convert anything to an IF but digitize everything on the antenna terminal. I suppose that is the only *real* SDR. I'm playing with little toy SDR rigs <evil grin>. Maybe that is a suitable new label.

73,

Bill  KU8H