Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores

To: Hugh Valentine <hsvdds@juno.com>, topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 18:03:53 -0400
Fair-Rite 2631803802 is the Amidon FT-240-31. Available at Mouser,
Newark, Arrow, and other places. Mouser part # 623-2631803802. Mouser
says they have 1589 of them in stock :-).

I have a personal cross-ref between some Amidon and Fair-rite numbers.
Not sure if I'd get in trouble for publishing it (I remember when I
got chewed out here for suggesting Laird/Steward equivs). I don't
think it's a big secret - the Fair-Rite part numbering system for
toroids and binocular cores seems pretty transparent.

I like to use a white paint marker to put mix numbers on big cores as
I unpack them :-)

Tim N3QE