Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores
From: Bill Wichers <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 19:29:23 +0000
It sounds like they weren’t properly fired from what he said about them
crumbling. That, at least, is an easier thing to look for than a messed up mix.
If they have poor QC on these things then I’d be concerned about the “mix #61”
not actually being mixed correctly resulting in the cores not having the
correct magnetic properties. If I have some time I can put together a test
setup for that and check the ones I have coming to be sure.

That post looks to be several years old so hopefully Amidon has corrected the
problem, or otherwise switched suppliers.

  -Bill