Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores

To: "Chuck Hutton" <charlesh3@msn.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 15:58:50 -0400
I have seen distributors of core mix cores many times over the years. This includes distributors on the "only approved list". This is why I always verify cores I use.

As for Fair Rite being the only legitimate source of part numbers, and everyone else being a criminal or trying to rip people off, that's pretty silly. Every place I have worked since 1966 has used internal house numbers for parts. They didn't do that for any sinister criminal or immoral motives.

We need to lighten up a little. We sometimes sound like the grumpy opinionated old men we used to be scared of.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Hutton" <charlesh3@msn.com>