Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores

To: "'Tim Shoppa'" <tshoppa@gmail.com>, "'Ron Stordahl, AE5E'" <ronn5in-topband@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores
From: "Charlie" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 14:22:16 -0400
I've mostly  used 73 mix tubular and binocular Fair-Rite cores of all sorts
of common-mode chokes on coax  and for matching transformers   160/80m
receiving loops and for input match to my 3-500ZG amp. Have had good results
all around I used 73 because it's what I had on hand. Fair-Rite 73 material
is really rugged and seems  be very resistant to corrosion etc.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV