Re: Topband: Skimmer calibration

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Skimmer calibration
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:25:37 -0400
Since no one likely knows the gain of a reference antenna within a dB or so, splitting hairs doesn't matter.

Ten dB would jump right out, while 3 dB might get lost in the QSB.

When I was comparing high dipoles to verticals on 160, I collected reports for about a year. It was thousands of reports.

I probably could have done it in a week or two with skimmer, but then I would have had to repeat it for seasonal changes. I'm sure a good test protocol using skimmer could be worked out.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>