Re: Topband: New RF interference killing RX at my QTH

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New RF interference killing RX at my QTH
From: Donald Chester <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 03:15:10 +0000
>>Be careful.

>>It could be grow lights from an illegal pot operation.

In that case, the perpetrators should be happy to cooperate in eliminating the
interference, once they become aware that their operation is attracting
attention over a wide area.

Most potheads with small operations in residential neighbourhoods are not
mobsters or violent murderous criminals; they just want to do their thing and
be left alone. Carefully pproach
them in a non-threatening manner once you determine for sure that the
interference is coming from their house, and let them know "something" on their
premises is causing widespread
radio interference that is easily traceable to their QTH. Remain
non-judgemental and make no mention of grow lights or suspected illegal
activity, but display serious concern over
the radio interference they are causing.

Grow lights are increasing becoming an RFI problem. We in the amateur community
have the upper hand as long as we are diplomatic while this activity remains
illegal. Let's exploit
this to the fullest while we can still nip it in the bud.

Don k4kyv