Re: Topband: 8 circle: DXE vs Hi-Z

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "'Lee K7TJR'" <k7tjr@msn.com>, "'Bob Tabke'" <bob@onehorsecreek.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 8 circle: DXE vs Hi-Z
From: "JC" <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:43:45 -0500
I forgot to mention another very important development. My friend N8PR is
experiencing with the WF in another level, Peter is using a rotator to turn
the WF vertical to horizontal. He worked FT4TA on 160m with the WF at 45
degree polarization, (not elevation, the rotor turns axial) and only 45
degree at the right side, turning the WF 45 degree on the left side the
signal was below noise and any other polarization was not good that day.

Peter has a lot of noise from a AM BC station 1 mile from his QTH and he is
working to improve the common node noise. However the experiment with
polarization rotation is providing return in new countries for him.

Regards
JC
N4IS