Re: Topband: 160m Sloping Vertical Antenna?

To: Ed <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Sloping Vertical Antenna?
From: Dave Hollander <n7rk@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 07:29:50 -0700
Hi Ed - I have done the same thing on 80/75 meters with great results using a tree and a sling shot to get the wire up. Used chicken wire for the ground system.

Did this the first time from an apartment in Phoenix, Arizona in the late 90's using a 45 foot tree and put a 8ft x4ft pieced of chicken wire on the balcony of my 2nd floor apartment. Although tuned for 80/75, I got it to play on 160-10 with the appropriate matching devices. Worked 135 countries on 80/75 with this setup and since I was going through a divorce, it helped me keep my sanity.

Happy holidays.

Tnx and 73,

Dave N7RK