Re: Topband: AC line bypass capacitors

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: AC line bypass capacitors
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 23:37:02 -0500
Hi, Jim

Well those are the class of capacitors that I was referring to and we used
them in electricity meters that had to operate from line voltages as high as
480 VAC - high-line -or 530 VAC, and of course cope with the hellish spikes
and surges  on the line side of the meters. And you are correct, they are
designed to with stand VERY high voltage spikes without breaking down.

73,
Charlie,K4OTV