Re: Topband: AC line bypass capacitors

To: "<jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: AC line bypass capacitors
From: Bill Wichers <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 01:08:31 +0000
To add to this, I used 1,000vac rated ceramic caps in a VFD once some years
back and they failed in spectacular fashion. This was in a 277vac system. Such
caps should NOT be used on the AC line!

Use the ones intended for AC line filtering. They tend to be film caps and they
are intended for this purpose.

-Bill

Sent from my iPhone