Re: Topband: Out-of-Turn Callers DX Expedition finances

To: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Out-of-Turn Callers DX Expedition finances
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 08:44:11 -0500
I turn on the news every day and hear about EU economic woes. What's wrong
with the "Marshall Plan for DX"? Just as NA (not just EU) benefited
economically from the real Marshall plan (I explain it to my kids using
their language as a "kickstarter" for EU-NA trade), NA guys benefit every
time an entity is activated even if they mostly work EU. Ham radio truly is
global, it is not a zero-sum game, we all get at least a couple Q's if not
all bands-all modes every time an entity is activated. And we should feel
good in our dumb-American smugness for donating the most (even though we
don't have to brag about it.)

Tim N3QE