Re: Topband: RX cables in woods

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX cables in woods
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:20:18 -0600
You're right, the larger dia. PVC makes it worse sometimes. When it breaks
in two, it actually puts more shear on the coax inside.

I do have flooded F-6 running on the ground, along a fence feeding my
Beverages, where it's not likely that any vehicles can drive over it. And
it's withstood the horses that used to be here; not even their hooves that
pushed it into the earth seemed to hurt it any.

I put this one run of F-6 (to the inverted-L) in PVC conduit for several
reasons, one of which was to keep my neighbor's cows from biting it as they
graze. I just didn't think of what would happen when the ground under it
got muddy. It seemed like a good idea at the time. :-)

I have a 1000' spool of F-11 with a messenger wire. I'll likely replace the
stuff on the ground with it, about 15' high.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com