Topband: Fw: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fw: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests
From: "k1fz" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:12:00 -0500

Ham radio, like life in general, is evolving. With a lot of technology change, it's a good time to breath some fresh air
and let it jell out.

E30FB did work a few NA, but only on signal peaks. Other wise they had problems receiving in deep QRM. (Even VE1ZZ had to repeat his call).

73
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/pennantnotes.html

  .
Although I am not really a DXer, I happened upon the E30 on 1811 with a
very strong signal.
There was a huge pileup of USA calling, including me.
He worked just a couple of EU stations, and no USA that I could tell.
It occurred to me he should just dial into to a Web SDR and listen.
But that is not a pure radio QSO.... If he has local noise they need to
figure out a way to hear on site. Or maybe not... I am so confused.

73, Andy N2NT