Topband: 9Q0HQ

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 9Q0HQ
From: "alfeohjt@tin.it" <alfeohjt@tin.it>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 08:44:15 +0100 (CET)
 Dear friends, we are doing our best effort on the low bands. Being at the end
of the rain season, there is a storm almost every day in the afternoon.The soil
here is very dark and moist, often we need to tune the high band antennas as
the resonance shifts according to water content.On low bands the noise from
static is high, 7 - 9 on 80 and 160. It is a little better when we are close to
the sunrise.On top band we use a inverted L and on 80m a vertical with a
parasite reflector.We have the feeling that ous signal is strong enough but the
major problem is our capability to cautch the signals out of the noise. We used
a DHDL for few days, no big help. Yesterday we change with a Diamond, no better
result. We still use the verticals on receiving as it grants the better result
in spite of the noise.I am afraid that a beverage would not help us due to the
soil propriety. Also, there is no enough room to lay a 200m beverage.We are
rather limitaded in resources (wires, cables) as it
  is no easy and fast to find the stuff locally.I kindly ask for your
suggestion to improve our receiving capability.
Best 73
(sorry for my bad English!)
Alfeo I1HJT 9Q0HQ crew