Re: Topband: Fwd: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for inpu

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: Fwd: ARRL Board meets next week - I'm looking for input
From: John Bohnovic <k4wj@att.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:32:57 -0400
Don't forget K9DX's 160 meter antenna site was remotely operated. My hat is off to John for the design and construction of that site.

73..de John/K4WJ

On 7/11/2015 6:34 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Sat,7/11/2015 9:29 AM, W7RH wrote:
Many of you folks are too sensitive, especially to legitimate use of remotes. Yes, DX'ing and constesting on a competitive level can be challenging to the pocket book but, contrary to comments one does not have to be a "Rich" to compete in awards or competitions.

I agree, Bob, and I also agree with W8JI. Building a remote station is NOT easy -- I've not done it myself, but as an EE and a designer of many complex professional sound systems, I appreciate the cross-disciplinary systems engineering that goes into doing it well. I've known about your remote station for years, and have nothing but the greatest respect for your accomplishment. K6TU, K6IE, and K6XX are three more guys I know who have done it.

73, Jim K9YC

73..de John/K4WJ
ex KN8PXG K8PXG K8WJ K4WJ ZF2HZ