Re: Topband: The Remote question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: The Remote question
From: John Bohnovic <k4wj@att.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:55:49 -0400
Some consider DXCC a competition and want a level playing field.

Some consider DXCC a personal goal and don't care what others are doing.

73..de John/K4WJ

On 7/12/2015 8:20 PM, Cecil wrote:
Well for one thing your $100,000 station doesn't magically appear anywhere in
the country just by selecting a new location on the computer screen because
where it's located at the moment ain't getting the job done....big difference!

I don't have any problem with remote ham radio for general ham radio
activities...want to get on the air and rag chew, operate to keep up with your
buddies from the nursing home, run a net from your condo...great...knock
yourself out...I don't think any one who takes issue with Remote Ham Radio and
systems like it would have any problems with that use of it at all...

I object as many do to bringing it into the competitive aspects of the hobby
and expecting to compete against it with a traditional Amateur Station
implementation....and I have no issue with that if its use is placed in its own
class.

Nuff said Mike...I'm clear..

Cecil
K5DL