Re: Topband: The Remote question

To: "WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: The Remote question
From: "Rich C" <rich_k7zv@gphilltop.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 22:47:54 -0500
I think setting up your personal station at home for remote is OK as it is
your station equipment and your antennas. Commercialized RHR is a whole
different ball game to me. To me it is a business and for every station
receiving money for the use of such stations RHR needs to report that
income to the IRS in a 1099 form regardless. Hence I no longer see it as
Amateur radio which is service not for hire.

Rich K7ZV

On Sun, July 12, 2015 8:41 pm, WW3S wrote:
> is there a length limit on microphone cords, or key cords? Because for
> several remote stations, thats what you are talking about.....Iâ??m
> currently in Leesburg VA, over 300 miles from home.....but I still
> operated MY station on and off this weekend, with MY antennas, MY power
> supplies, MY technology and MY sweat equity in putting it all
> together.....while I didnt work any 160, or any new DXCC entities, so
> what if I did? Its still my primary station location, with the same
> antennas I use everyday, and the same transceiver to generate and receive
> RF....only difference is my mic and headset cable is about 340 miles
> long..... 73, Jamie WW3S
>

>> On 7/12/2015 8:56:26 PM, Hardy Landskov (n7rt@cox.net) wrote:
>>
>>> Why don't we have the drivers of the Indy 500 operate their cars with
>>>
>> joysticks in the stands or somewhere far, far away? Same thing as
>> remote, right? This is not my radio!!!! My 2 cents.
>> 73 Hardy N7RT

Rich K7ZV
rich_k7zv@gphilltop.com