Re: Topband: Top Band Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band Antenna
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 12:16:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Rodger,

You will have better success if you add a top loading wire to your mast,
which makes it into an inverted-L. Suggest you start with an 80 foot wire
in a straight line if possible but otherwise route it any shape necessary .
You can increase or decrease the length of the top loading wire to improve
the match.

As an alternative to shunt feeding your mast, you could simply install an
130 foot inverted-L parallel to your mast and direct feed it from the
bottom.

You could add a loading coil to the wire if 80 feet is too long.

73
Frank
W3LPL