Re: Topband: Waller Flag Question

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Waller Flag Question
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 15:55:31 -0500
Maybe his secret is a preamp cooled with liquid helium! ;-)

Seriously, there are preamps operating at 70 degrees F (for example) that
have less than a 1 dB NF at VHF. They are usually mounted at the feedpoint
of a high gain array, because of feedline loss.

Today, I have the type of terrible cold (hay fever?) that seriously
interferes with one's thinking but I still have an open mind about this
subject. Waller Flags fascinate me. I'm in learning mode and watching this
thread closely.

>From everything I have read in the past about the WF, it'll equal a
one-wavelength Beverage in only 30' of space. And it's tough to rotate any
Beverage for 160. How a WF would compare with my Beverages in this quiet
rural location, I can't say.

73, Mike