Re: Topband: RFI - and lots of it

To: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI - and lots of it
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:22:40 -0400
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 2:47 PM, Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com> wrote:

> My county's codes also requires that there be some kind of jumper for
> ground outside the water heater between the cold in pipe and hot out pipe.
> I don't know if this is a safety requirement or they are trying to divert
> electrolysis to prolong life of the water heater.

This is why the subject of this thread needs to be
checked/rectified/inspected through the eyes of a local licensed
electrician and local electrical inspectors, so that local additions to or
variations on NEC are in effect on one's own premises. The legal local code
is what will come to bear in case of fires, injuries, etc.

DIY on this particular subject is really not so good an idea. I do know of
a few DIYers that actually took the electrical licensing courses at the
local community college and got the license, which included the variations
for nearby counties. But they also had friends in building contracting for
a source of local wisdom.

Local wisdom like the stuff that the local electrical inspectors are hard
about. You take your chances in the process if you don't have experience
with the local jurisdiction.

So you have the NEC, possible additions for your State, possible additions
for your county, and possible additions for your local jurisdiction. Then
you have the inspectors.

Electrical advice via a 160 meter ham radio reflector from individuals
scattered all over the globe? Even individuals qualified in their
particular location. What could possibly go wrong  :>)

73, Guy K2AV