Re: Topband: RFI - and lots of it - final status

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI - and lots of it - final status
From: Jim Murray via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 03:06:15 +0000 (UTC)
Electricians worked today on the house grounding the entrance panel and
checking out all of the wiring.  Now, everything is grounded to the panel.
They ran a line from the grounding directly to the ham room ground bus, checked
all the outlets for any reverse etc.. They talked about putting a separate
panel in the ham room but I opted out for now. The interesting part of this is
that the strong hash noise I reported earlier is gone.  I have no idea why.
When I reported the noise to the power company I did mention what I had found
on the lines and It is possible the linemen stopped by when we were not here
and did something, don't know at this time but have not heard back from the
power company.The only other possibility is that one of the things the
electricians messed with stopped the noise.  I suppose it could be something as
simple as tightening the wiring in the box etc.. Cost was $380. but worth the
peace of mind and possibly saved my operating.Regards,Jim/k2hn