Re: Topband: FCP Antenna

To: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FCP Antenna
From: Alex <alex@kr1st.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 09:53:52 -0500
Hi Bob,

Definitely read Tom's web page that Art pointed to. It will give you some idea what to expect from the FCP compared to other radial systems. From your description of your current radial system and your successes, and from what I read on Tom's page, I would think it'd be better to not replace what you currently have with an FCP.

Incidentally, has anyone ever noticed how similar the FCP is to the inductively loaded counterpoise as described by Les Moxon, G6XN, in his book "HF Antennas for All Locations"? You can find a description and an image of it on pages 193 and 194 of the 1993/1995 edition of the book, or on pages 164 and 165 of the original 1982 edition.

73,
--Alex KR1ST