Re: Topband: DX on 160, was: Topband QRP WAS

To: Mark Lunday <mlunday@nc.rr.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DX on 160, was: Topband QRP WAS
From: K4OWR <k2owr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 14:40:42 -0500
:::: Ok. That explains my experience in so few DX contacts. I'll change that immediately; although I do enjoy ragchewing with other similar interest hams. I find CW cumbersome for that since it breaks down simple conversation into one letter at a time; but the weak signal benefits are huge. Now all I have to do is commit to going up to the shack (about 150' up the hill) in the relative dark and cold much later in the evening, or as you guys recommend before sunrise. I do not leave the heat on up there so it will be very cold here on a Tennessee morning :-) In the meantime I look forward to working you guys and will fire up between 1820-1840 from now on. My antennas are set for 1:1 swr at about 1860 but are fairly broad for some lucky reason. I do not use antenna tuners, especially on 160 where I find them to be a fire hazard with my big amp :-))))
Thanx for all the terrific info!!
BILL K4OWR