Re: Topband: W1BB (not K1BB)

To: chris@g3svl.com, Gary@ka1j.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: W1BB (not K1BB)
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 08:37:52 -0500
Gary and all

My book Dx'ing on the Edge is now out of print - but sold several thousand
copies -however.  you can find a copy here and there on EBAY and Amazon still

The opening cut on the enclosed CD in the book  is of Stew Perry on New Year's
Eve 1977 talking to EI8H and Ernie K1PBW.  The cut was graciously sent to me by
Peter Bobek (SK) DJ8WL - who received it from a USA amateur who recorded it.

Stew had passed away in 1990 I THINK - so we sort of brought him back from the
grave -  to commemorate him on the CD - it was great to her his voice again....

I met Stew in 1973 at the New England Convention and his talk on 160m was
thrilling.  I will never forget that presentation.

Today I am the trustee for the Stew Perry Memorial ARC and I myself or some
friends often put his call on ther air in the STEW - so listen for W1BB in the
Stew - you will work it one day - and we have his old qsl designs on the
special QSL card that we use today for W1BB.

73 and hope this helps.

BTW

Stew was the most accomplished 160m Dx'er I have ever met - | could tell you
some stories that are fascinating about what he could do on Topband.

No internet - no packet - no skimmer - no ON4KST chat -  just the man and his
station and it was the stuff of legends.

73 JEFF  VY2ZM/K1ZM