Re: Topband: NCC-1 Phaser

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: NCC-1 Phaser
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 20:37:15 -0400
Probably....but that depends on where on the fence itself the actual voltage breakdown is taking place. The electric fence may propagate the noise like a long wire but you might get lucky with the NCC-1. I'm not sure but I believe the best to do in your circumstances is to use an antenna that picks up the noise the best, whatever that may be, to try to null against it. If the noise if from some distance away you probably won't have that much luck. In which case try to physically separate your EU RX antenna as far away from where you have located the noise and at a different angle toward Europe. Best to accurately pin point the exact noise source. I have even heard where one ham designed a series tuned trap and put it from the wire to ground and tuned for a null in the 160 meter band. I don't know about this but another choice is a remote controlled solar power relay for night time operation. (Probably not recommended in your part of the world.)

Herb, KV4FZ