Re: Topband: VP8STI 160 Meter Path

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: VP8STI 160 Meter Path
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:57:46 -0500 (EST)
VP8STI was solid copy in Maryland -- 559 to 579 -- from the
Southeast from 0000Z to about 0110Z. Dimi was working only
Europe until about 0045Z, He worked dozens of North Americans
from about 0045Z to just before 0110Z.

H is signal dropped significantly and copy was much more difficult
after about 0110Z when propagation switched mostly to the south
and Dimi started working only Europe. I stopped listening after
about 0130Z. DX Summit and ON4KST shows that he worked
many North Americans during the three hour period from just
before 0230Z to just after 0530Z.

As usual, policemen caused much more QRM than the -- all too
frequent, but brief -- errors made by well known topband calls
inadvertently transmitting on 1826.5 It would be much, much
better if everyone resisted the urge to be a policeman. There was
some deliberate QRM, but policemen only provide the feedback
that encourages them to do it more.

Good luck tonight!

73
Frank