Re: Topband: K1FZ ground rod difficulty

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K1FZ ground rod difficulty
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 15:32:19 -0700
Rob Sherwood published on this in Ham Radio in the '70s. I included his ideas) with credit, of course, in my tutorial piece on "Getting On 160M," which is really a summary of other peoples' good work on antennas and radials/counterpoise systems. http://k9yc.com/160MPacificon.pdf Rob had a small strip of exposed earth between a driveway and his house, and laid a strip of galvanized welded fencing to serve as a counterpoise. He says he worked JA with it (from CO).

I guested at PJ4A several years ago and helped string one of the Beverages. The soil is hard rock (volcanic?) so the termination was a few 25 ft pieces of wire laying on the ground. It worked.

73, Jim K9YC