Re: Topband: ET7L NOT VALID

To: "'Bob Lawson N6RW'" <n6rw@cox.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ET7L NOT VALID
From: "Kip Edwards" <kedwards@ltol.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 08:28:47 -0700
All,

        There was some confusion at ARRL about ET7L.  It was among the cards I
submitted at the recent PNWDXC in Portland.  My application was acted upon
quickly and according to the online LOTW account it was not credited.  However,
when I received the hard copy credit slip and credit listing it was credited.

        I brought this to the attention of the DXCC Desk and was advised of the
following in an email just received:

                The ET7L contact is not acceptable for DXCC credit.  Any credit
                which was erroneously given has since been removed from every
                DXCC customers’ record.  We discovered there was a problem with
the             Online DXCC program issuing credit for the call.  Once I
                had figured this out, we made the necessary changes in the
system.

        73 Kip W6SZN