Re: Topband: 160 meter starter antennas

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>, k1fz@myfairpoint.net
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter starter antennas
From: Paul Mclaren <paul.mcl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:11:12 +0000
Bruce,

Yes, yes and yes. 9:1 transformers, beverage friendly resistors (cant
remember the exact spec) with about 1" connection to the ground rods.
Ground rods not that long but shallow clay bed here anyway and a mossy lawn
due to the lack of drainage so fair conductivity. Coax is just pushed about
1" into a slit in the lawn so not ideal and needs a more permanent
solution. To be honest it was a quick and dirty experiment so will get
improved when I do some landscaping the xyl has requested which naturally
will include new buried coax conduits and more radials.

Regards

Paul MM0ZBH