Re: Topband: New Noise - 160 Meters

To: "List, PVRC" <pvrc@mailman.qth.net>, "List, TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New Noise - 160 Meters
From: Joe Galicic <galicic@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:41:38 +0000 (UTC)
Link to files
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ftcsm50mvr9jmy/AABcDfHjYn-GKvelQhmyJTBia?dl=0

----- Original Message -----

From: "Joe Galicic" <galicic@comcast.net>
To: "PVRC List" <pvrc@mailman.qth.net>, "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:35:15 PM
Subject: Topband: New Noise - 160 Meters

Just put up my 160 antenna and have a new noise source to find. Very loud wide
band buzzing that starts in the middle of the AM broadcast band and then
abruptly drops to zero at 1870 KHZ. I have attached sound file and panadapter
screen shots. It is not coming from my QTH. One night it went off at 11PM sharp
but has returned and doesn't seem to quit. I will continue to monitor for a
cycle. I walked the neighborhood with portable AM radio and the noise seems to
be contained within a four house area. Tough to tell which house though. All
utilities are buried in my neighborhood. Could this be a grow lamp ? Thanks
-Joe N3HEE