Re: Topband: inv. L

To: Art Snapper <art@nk8x.net>, 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: inv. L
From: Carl Braun <Carl.Braun@lairdtech.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 01:06:09 +0000
Art

I use two 65' verticals on 40/80/160.  HALF WAVE tall (electrically) and
spacing on 40m with LC network at the base to tune...QUARTER WAVE tall on 80
with same spacing and EIGHTH WAVE tall and spacing on 160m.

Both verticals are fed in phase on 160 now but I have plans to add an LC phaser
that should allow for some directivity.  Current pattern seems to be omni with
the verticals being so close to one another.  I did try inserting a delay line
into the scheme with some (2-3 db) directivity seen and may continue to
experiment with that angle until I build the LC Phaser.

AG6X