Re: Topband: 160 m inverted L

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 m inverted L
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 18:10:42 -0800
Makes sense Rob.
Probably a good approach is to find the capacitance needed and use
fixed vacuum caps in lieu of a vacuum variable.  Then we have a bullet
proof feed sys.  Fixed vac caps are plentiful on ebay.  I have collected
a bunch of them.
What height would be adequate for a 160 elevated radial to have decent decoupling ? I think you are right, for most hams, including me, it is hard to get very much height
so we must compromise,  but we do the best that we can do.

Bob
K6UJ