Topband: More noise

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More noise
From: Art Snapper <art@nk8x.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 14:26:58 -0500
I noticed the band noise was up a bit last night. I assumed it was due to
the known sources in this area. i.e. neighbors houses, and trees touching
AC distribution lines.

This morning, I rewired the computer network. Afterward I did the due
diligence check for receive RFI in the shack.

I was greeted with a huge amount of noise. I tracked it down using an
FT-817 coupled to an old Zenith Wavemagnet.

It turns out the the XYL was using a new (aftermarket) charger for her
Galaxy Note 4 phone.  This one was really bad.

The label reads model SK01G-0500100U.

FWIW,

Art NK8X