Topband: Long-delay Echos

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Long-delay Echos
From: "dick.bingham" <dick.bingham@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 12:50:48 -0800
Greetings All

Back in the late '70s I experienced some long duration echoes on 80-meters SSB.
I had been burning the candle at both ends DXing at my pre-sunrise and late
after dark for a few days and was falling asleep at the "mic".

I found myself getting teed-off by someone CQing on the freq I was using only
to discover it was ME - my speech was delayed sufficiently to hear several
complete words at the end of each transmission. Too bad I was too tired to
properly document this event.

This took place at a QTH 100-miles north of Frisco.

73 Dick w7wkr/7 at CN97uj