Re: Topband: greyline prop forecast

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: greyline prop forecast
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 11:26:29 -0500
Hi Carl,

It would be nice to have some hard numbers but they are subject sometimes to misinterpretation. I would have liked to see some hard data about this too and not just for 160 meters. It seems like that grey line involves some sort of magic but just when we think we have it figured out we get fooled - again. The most reliable 'forecast' isn't really a forecast at all. As you have said - just turn the radio on and see what's available. I am afraid too many of us look at the forecasts and decide there is nothing to hear and so the radio sits cold and dark. How many opportunities are missed that way is anybody's guess. There are no hard numbers for that either.

73,

Bill  KU8H