Re: Topband: greyline prop forecast

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: greyline prop forecast
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:44:15 -0500 (EST)
Hi Kris,

There's no substitute for butt in chair time if you want to work grey
line long path DX on 80 meters. 160 meters is also possible, but
much more difficult.

Just check your local sunrise/sunset times and the sunrise/sunset
times in your target area and sit your butt in your chair especially
during the 30 minutes leading up to sunrise at the eastern end of
the path.

While we've been discussing this topic, at least half a dozen east
coast USA 80 meter DXers worked XX9D on the 80 meter greyline
longpath at about 2300Z and none of us were aided by forecasts.
Imagine that...

I know of no 80 meter DXer who has achieved greyline long path
success through forecasts, nor do we know of any technical
breakthroughs on the horizon that will change this in the foreseeable
future.

73
Frank
W3LPL