Re: Topband: Top Band and JT65

To: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band and JT65
From: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 11:32:24 -0300
Hello

of course we have choices and we can all do it any which way we choose.

My question was about the feeling of doing a CW and a JT65 QSo on topband.
I worked a new one on JT65 and really didn´t feel the excitement working it
as I did with any new one on CW

Maybe for digital lovers is great. They feel the same working RTTY or JT65?

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

> Maybe JT65 is too young to have good statistics, but how many DXCC entities
> have ever been activated on JT65 on 160M?
>
> Phone as an amateur mode had been around for what, half a century, before
> they introduced the CW-specific DXCC Certificate in the late 1970's. Before
> then it was just assumed that phone was so much harder.
>
> Tim N3QE
>
> On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 3:03 PM, James Denneny <57jndenneny@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I am hoping more DX stations will take advantage of the JT65 mode on 1838
> > next season.  I have been using it on 20M recently and am amazed at its
> > weak
> > signal performance.
> >

> > This mode should enhance the capture of DX entities on TB particularly
> with
> > propagation decline. It's main drawback is the time involved with
> exchanges
> > due to decoding but, the enhanced performance makes up for that.
> >

> > Jim
> >
> > K7EG

> > Topband Reflector Archives - http://www.contesting.com/_topband

Jorge